Wednesday, 21 October 2015

Goldsmiths Hall Carter Lane

Another serious drawing from about 2001, in fact it was while I was drawing this that the Twin Tower terrorist attack happened. I tried to sell this to an art dealer back in the day, Gladwell's on Queen Victoria Street, it's a coffee shop now, such a tragedy, they sold beautiful works of art in there. Anyway the dealer turned this down because he felt the pillars were a bit too intrusive on the scene. I didn't agree with that at the time but looking at it all these years later I think he had a point. I seemed to put the pens away after this and picked up the guitar instead for the next 5 years. This is a beauty of a building, where they do all the hallmarks for precious metals. I tried selling it to them and sent a photocopy, they turned down the offer of buying it but I noticed they didn't send back the copy. I didn't mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment